Re: Microsoft Project

Subject: Re: Microsoft Project
From: "Elna Tymes" <etymes -at- lts -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 10:47:44 -0800

I've been using MS Project for a long time. It's great for tracking multiple
projects, for seeing how things link together, for managing multiple deadlines,
etc. I don't use it to manage a single book projects, however, because books tend
to be linear in the way they move from stage to stage. When I'm managing multiple
parts of a single project, such as being team leader for a multiple book project,
it's ideal.

One other benefit of using MS Project is that it produces pretty charts, esp. Gantt
charts, which upper managers and directors tend to love.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems