Re: how do you say? 12 O' clock in a manual?

Subject: Re: how do you say? 12 O' clock in a manual?
From: "Robert Sidman" <scribe1016 -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 15:52:39 -0500

Q. How do you say? 12 O' clock in a manual?

A. You don't.

One of the first lessons I learned on my first day as a reporter/editor for
the Associated Press more than 35 years ago was that the KISS formula rules
writing forever!

It makes no difference whether you are using the acronym KISS for "keep it
simple stupid" or "keep it short stupid." My news editor in Boston reminded
me the operative word in both is "stupid." Write to the stupid level and
you will not go wrong.

By his rules, which I have followed since, there is a.m., noon, p.m. and
midnight. It's that simple and easy.

If everything else were that easy the Chicago Cubs would be a winner every
year!

Bob