Captions, Figures, duplicate hyperlinked images in Word2000 (fixe d!)

Subject: Captions, Figures, duplicate hyperlinked images in Word2000 (fixe d!)
From: "Burt, Genevieve" <GBurt -at- lrs -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 11:02:20 -0600

Hello again,

My issue was:
In about 3 places, as soon as I inserted the cross reference, Word added a
hyper-linked double of the image right before the cross-referenced field.

The cause of the issue:
In each place where the problem was, I had inserted the image and
immediately right-clicked it to insert a caption. As a result, the picture
became part of the caption because there was no line break between the image
and the caption field.

The fix I found:
--Delete the caption field I had already inserted below the picture.
--Put a line break (hard return) after the picture.
--Re-insert the caption.
--In the instructions above the picture, re-insert the cross-reference to
the figure field.

No more double images!! Yaaay!

Thanks to all who responded,