Reference library for medical writers

Subject: Reference library for medical writers
From: anonymous
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:56:04 -0500

Good afternoon,

I recently accepted a new position as a "jack of all trades" medical writer
with some web responsibilites in a rapidly growing clinical research
department. I'm a newbie writer and first one in! No reference library
exists and my first task is to propose a well rounded set of "beginning"
books. I belong to the American Medical Writers Association (AMWA) and
found a short list in their recent newsletter.

My current request list of "wants" include:

Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary, Merck Manual of Medical Information,
a recent PDR, Chicago Manual of Style, The AMA Manual of Style, The
Elements of Style, Gray's Anatomy, Essays for Biomedical Communicators,
Cassell Guide to Punctuation, Visual Display of Quantitative Information,
HTML for the World Wide Web, and a few good books on FDA and NIH requirements.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for additional books, links, or periodicals
to add to this library. Please respond to me personally if you wish.

Thanking you ALL in advance,