For Hardware TWs - a question

Subject: For Hardware TWs - a question
From: Joanne Meehl <Jmeehl -at- datum -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 10:28:57 -0500

Hi all,
Normally I document software but a new project involves revising all docs
for a hardware-based product. In the existing User Guide, near the very
front of the book, there's a page called "Declaration of Conformity". It's a
form, of sorts, filled out and signed by a QA engineer in our company.
My questions: What is this? And is this an appropriate place for it?
Anything that will increase my knowledge about writing for a hardware (with
some software) product would be great.
Many thanks!

**WEST COAST LOCATIONS** San Jose (Mar 1-2), San Francisco (Apr 16-17) or 800-646-9989.