Re: font size equivalence

Subject: Re: font size equivalence
From: "Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:05:03 -0500

The HTML font sizes are relative to the user's selected browser preferences. Different browsers interpret point sizes and pixel counts differently (look at the same page in Netscape and IE to see what I mean); so it's really not possible to equate the two numbering systems.

Cummings, Elizabeth wrote:

>Hi. How do font sizes specified in HTML correspond with font sizes listed
>in drop-down menus like within Outlook or Word? Is there a chart somewhere
>that outlines what's equivalent to what?
>I've set my main text in a document to "2", and I'm wondering if this is the
>equivalent of 11 in Word. I've tried to figure out this myself, but all I
>can find is info about the default base font being 3 and how to alter it
>with "+#" or "-#".

**WEST COAST LOCATIONS** San Jose (Mar 1-2), San Francisco (Apr 16-17) or 800-646-9989.