RE: web admin duties

Subject: RE: web admin duties
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 06:39:43 -0800 (PST)

--- Scott Dewbre <scott -at- emcreek -dot- com> wrote:
> There are a number of excellent reasons not to use frames. Barbara
> enumerated a few: search engine linking inside the site, losing
> navigation,
> etc.
>
> A few other good reasons to avoid frames:

Scott then also enumerates several good reasons. I would add another,
though it might seem esoteric to many.

If you're attempting, as we are, to follow the W3C's Web Accessibility
Initiative, then you should be creating a non-frame version of every
frameset for people who cannot use frames (and there are more reasons
than just old browsers). To me that seems to mean duplicate pages to
create and duplicate pages to maintain. Homey don't like to do the same
thing twice, and sometimes Homey forgets to update both pages (a bad thing).

=====
Tom Murrell
Lead Technical Writer
Alliance Data Systems