Re: Budding Tech Writer In Search of FrameMaker Wisdom

Subject: Re: Budding Tech Writer In Search of FrameMaker Wisdom
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- progeny -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:15:22 -0800

CParker706 -at- aol -dot- com wrote:
> Hello All:
> I'm a beginning tech writer in the Sacramento area. One of the first things
> I'd like to do is learn FrameMaker -- sure this sounds redundant! -- and was
> wondering what the most cost-effective yet quality-oriented approach is. I
> know Word very well, and was hoping to avoid having to buy FrameMaker right
> now or take a pricey class.

FrameMaker is expensive, and you may be a little short of money.
However, if you working or actively seeking work, then it is
probably a legitimate business expense; I know it would be in
Canada. And, classes or books aside, nothing is better for learning
than hitting the keyboard and doing a small project.

Bruce Byfield, Progeny Linux Systems
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux
604.421.7177 bbyfield -at- progeny -dot- com

**WEST COAST LOCATIONS** San Jose (Mar 1-2), San Francisco (Apr 16-17) or 800-646-9989.