Wacky labels

Subject: Wacky labels
From: CHRIS THIESSEN <cthiessen -at- pfgc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:12:59 -0500

I'm not sure these labels are necessarily "wacky." I found a label
on my house screens warning that the screens were not
intended to provide protection from intruders or restrain
anyone from falling out. Hello?

Instead, I think these labels may represent the conjunction
of several things:

a surfeit of litigious attorneys
a substantial decrease in "common sense" in the general public
a perception that "I'm gonna make big money by suing somebody"
a reluctance to take personal responsibilty for one's actions
an abundance of folks who have a box of rocks for brains

Reference C.M. Kornbluth's story "The Marching Morons."

Chris Thiessen
(who never once thought to use his Dremel Moto-tool as
a viable substitute for a dental drill)

Mandatory TECHWR-L content (to satisfy Mr. Ray): However,
this decrease in intellectual capability of the general populace
ensures that writers will have jobs until folks stop reading. By that
time we'll all be graphic artists, and very good at developing
clever icons...