Re: Word to PDF incongruities

Subject: Re: Word to PDF incongruities
From: Scott Turner <sturner -at- airmail -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:47:22 -0600

Hey all:

I use Word 2000 to write most of my company's documentation, and I recently
talked them into purchasing Adobe Acrobat. Since Acrobat has helped reduce
time and money in the whole printing process, I'm wanting to implement its
use on our web page. But right now the images in the converted documents
appear fuzzy (sometimes even worse). The text is fine, though. Also, when
the pdf files are printed out, they look fine.
I have tried several things: changing the Distiller options; customizing my
own distiller options; saving all captured screenshots in tif/tiff format,
etc. At best, the images have improved a smidgen, but they are definitely
not where I want them.

Jason,

Turn downsampling off, and change your compression settings from LZW to ZIP. This keeps your images at the highest resolution.

Scott

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001 Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area.