RE: TIF vs. PNG for Screen Shots

Subject: RE: TIF vs. PNG for Screen Shots
From: "Smith, Allyson" <as210028 -at- exchange -dot- SanDiegoCA -dot- NCR -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 19:46:43 -0500

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this discussion about .png files.
I just tried using them for the first time for screen captures and am very
pleased with the initial results -- 3K file size vs. 70K for .tif, with no
appreciable loss in quality of print output.

Allyson Smith
Senior Technical Writer
NCR
San Diego, CA