Re: Information Slapping

Subject: Re: Information Slapping
From: Chris <cud -at- arrakis -dot- es>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:44:40 +0100

Information Mapping is a phenomenally simple concept that Robert Horn
"invented", probably in a LSD fueled craze on the road to Vegas with G.
Liddy and Spiro Agnew.

Hey... No fair dissing the Lidd-ster. It's not just anybody who can
eat rats and pick up chicks by cooking his hand on the back-yard grill.
Er, that's to say (just to satisfy the thread) I agree... Info mapping
struck me as fairly rudimentary. It seemed cool because it was
presented in a hyper-texty looking page layout. I saw it (and one of
the three above-mentioned celebrites) at some ACM Hypertext seminar back
in the old days (the 90's). But as far as I can tell, the idea is to
organize your work. It so happens that organization is useful.

Rocket science, anyone?

That should be *an* LSD fueled craze.

**WEST COAST LOCATIONS** San Jose (Mar 1-2), San Francisco (Apr 16-17) or 800-646-9989.