Re: Link mania; more on frames and the number of navigation links on a UI

Subject: Re: Link mania; more on frames and the number of navigation links on a UI
From: Dianne Blake <write-it -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 12:16:41 -0800

paul newbold wrote:
Researchers at Microsoft did studies on software interface/webpage
menus and found
that 16
navigation links worked well on a user interface.

I went to this URL and thought: "hmmmm... I hate reading text that
goes from one side of the screen to the other, especially with no
formatting (bold, etc). And justified text - yuck."

The information may be good, but one look and I wanted to go somewhere
else. It seems to me that those who research and write about good web
practices should also use them.

- Dianne Blake

**WEST COAST LOCATIONS** San Jose (Mar 1-2), San Francisco (Apr 16-17) or 800-646-9989.