Re: Web site or website

Subject: Re: Web site or website
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 20:40:28 -0500

On 1/24/01 8:05 PM, Scott Dewbre (scott -at- emcreek -dot- com) wrote:

>I used the Modern Language Association guidelines. They say "Web page" and
>"Web site."

I used my judgment, made a decision that seemed clear to me, and applied
it consistently throughout my documents. I did this again with another
style issue. And still another.

Does anyone here think a user will fail to understand the information
because "Web-web-website" is somehow mis-styled? If not, how do you
justify wasting time talking about it?

Those are serious questions, if anyone can actually answer them.
Otherwise, perhaps we've reached the end of this thread (he asked
hopefully)?

----->Mike (cranky, and on deadline)

stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com -- AOL and AOL Instant Messenger:MStockman