Re: e-verything (was Web site or website)

Subject: Re: e-verything (was Web site or website)
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:37:05 -0600

C. Crowley wrote:
Calling something a Web site rather than a website reminds me of these old

'phone because it's short for telephone. However, they
did not feel obliged to write auto'

You mean like cell' for cellular phone?

We include help desk phone numbers in our user manuals. For the longest time, Word would offer to change phone to telephone during a spelling/grammar check.

**WEST COAST LOCATIONS** San Jose (Mar 1-2), San Francisco (Apr 16-17) or 800-646-9989.