Re: Wax paste-up (Was OT: (almost) Blank Pages)

Subject: Re: Wax paste-up (Was OT: (almost) Blank Pages)
From: "C. Crowley" <cc5678 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:01:31 -0600

... years ago when we used typewriters and
phototypesetters (yup) and wax to do paste-up ...

Oh, yeah, I remember this. We also did titles and subtitles with a desktop machine called a Headliner that had reservoirs of photographic chemicals in it. Every so often we had to haul them down to the janitor's closet and clean them out. I gotta say, progress is NICE.

The atmosphere in a docs department sure could be a witch's brew back then with all that developer, fixer, etc., hot wax, rubber cement, Bestine (hexane), perchlorethylene in Sno-Pake, who knows what in old-style Liquid Paper, and the smelly stuff inside electrostatic plotters.

C. Crowley
cc5678 -at- hotmail -dot- com

**WEST COAST LOCATIONS** San Jose (Mar 1-2), San Francisco (Apr 16-17) or 800-646-9989.

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001 Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area. or toll-free 877/278-2131.