RE: (almost) Blank Pages

Subject: RE: (almost) Blank Pages
From: jgarison -at- ide -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 10:29:08 -0500

I started this ... and something just clicked in the back of an old
half-forgotten synapse

We used to put a big NOTES at the top of blank pages - it encouraged people
to write stuff in the manuals which made them personal which tended to
increase use. Or so we hoped. No usability studies were carried out to
verify this, but it sounded good in theory.

John Garison
Documentation Manager
150 Baker Avenue Extension
Concord, MA 01742

Voice: 978-402-2907
Fax: 978-318-9376

**WEST COAST LOCATIONS** San Jose (Mar 1-2), San Francisco (Apr 16-17) or 800-646-9989.