Term for user interface

Subject: Term for user interface
From: Julia Land <jltw -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 11:57:31 -0600

My client has a software program with three different types of user
interface. A user can issue commands and interact with the program with
a typical graphical user interface and mouse, with a joystick and its
buttons, and by voice. Some commands can be issued using any of the
three methods, but some can be issued with only two of the three.

When we talk about it, we say things like "You can do that with the GUI
or with a voice command," and we know what we mean. The users probably
would, too, but we still don't want to use the term GUI in the user
guide. Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives? I didn't see
anything that addressed this in the archives.

Thank you.

Julia Land JLTW
jalnd -at- earthlink -dot- net 713 963 0662
Houston, TX USA

Develop HTML-Based Help with Macromedia Dreamweaver 4 ($100 STC Discount)
**WEST COAST LOCATIONS** San Jose (Mar 1-2), San Francisco (Apr 16-17)
http://www.weisner.com/training/dreamweaver_help.htm or 800-646-9989.

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001
Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area.
http://www.pdfconference.com or toll-free 877/278-2131.

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: RE: linking different .chms in modular HTML Help
Next by Author: HTML help and multi-tasking
Previous by Thread: correction tools
Next by Thread: Re: Term for user interface

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads