RE: PDFs from Word with "XE" junk in bookmarks

Subject: RE: PDFs from Word with "XE" junk in bookmarks
From: "David Berg" <dberg -at- dmpnet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:01:14 -0600

Thanks to the people who answered my distress call. I should have specified,
but for those that didn't recognize my reference to the XE and TC "junk",
they are the codes in Word for index and TOC entries. They show when you
reveal hidden text in Word, but I made sure that the hidden text was hidden
before I started the PDF (at least I double-checked after the first time I
had a problem).

I'm still not sure exactly what happened. After a few tries and a reboot, I
generated a clean PDF, so problem solved for the time being. Now I can make
engineering happy and hand over the PDF so they can compile their install
file.

Thanks,

David Berg