American UK writers

Subject: American UK writers
From: "Cayenne Woods" <cwoods -at- purplevoice -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:17:24 +0000

Hi Alexis

When I started looking, more than two years ago, no agencies would refer me to
companies. And I didn't know companies to tap directly, tho I tried what I
could.

When I got my visa last July, I had three interviews and two offers in two
weeks. Several things had changed, however. For one, there are loads more jobs,
especially IT jobs, and much demand. Also, now there are immigration
considerations specifically for these jobs, which didn't exist then. I'm still
not sure agencies can pass you on to companies, but my company would have
probably hired me no problem, even though having to sponsor me. I still don't
think sponsorship is a big deal, but they just didn't want to do it - but they
might now. The trick is likely to be finding a company and convincing them they
need you.

Good luck! Happy to help more if I can.
Cayenne

This communication contains information which is confidential
and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s). Please note that any distribution, copying
or use of this communication, or the information in it, is strictly
please notify us by email or by telephone (+44 20 8848 6644)
and then delete the email and any copies of it.

This communication is from Purple Voice Ltd., whose principal
office is at Dawley Road, Hayes, Middlesex, England.

checked for the presence of computer viruses.