Tools: Word98 for Mac--copy-paste quirk resolved? (Take II)

Subject: Tools: Word98 for Mac--copy-paste quirk resolved? (Take II)
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 08:32:57 -0500

Tom Murrell reports <<...this was all news to me. At home I'm still an
unrecovered Macophile. This is being typed on a G3 iMac with OS 9.x. I just
opened a document in my Word 98, and I can cut and paste, using the command
keys on *either side* of my keyboard, successfully for both FIND and

And that's the weird thing. I'm running a fairly vanilla system, and the
others who reported the problem didn't seem to have any common threads. Must
be just one of those weird Microsoft things.

geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca
"User's advocate" online monthly at

"Technical writing... requires understanding the audience, understanding
what activities the user wants to accomplish, and translating the often
idiosyncratic and unplanned design into something that appears to make
sense."--Donald Norman, The Invisible Computer

**WEST COAST LOCATIONS** San Jose (Mar 1-2), San Francisco (Apr 16-17) or 800-646-9989.