Re: Affect and Effect

Subject: Re: Affect and Effect
From: Jo Baer <jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 11:54:03 -0600

Affect.

For things like this I refer to a book named "Dictionary of Problem Words and
Expressions" by Harry Shaw, 1987, McGraw-Hill, ISBN 0-07-056517-1. The book
explains the usage of lots of word pairs that are often confused, such as affect
and effect, further and farther, principal and principle, as well as individual
words and phrases that are often misused or misunderstood. I know there are
similar books, and probably internet sites that can help.

Jo