What is This Function Called?

Subject: What is This Function Called?
From: "Carol Anne T. Wall" <mmpc0014 -at- pclink -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 14:59:57 -0600

I need to know the technical name for the function that completes a field when you just enter a few characters. Example: If I'm entering the word "benefits" in a field, I start typing b-e-n-e and the field is filled by "benefits".

I've heard some at my company call this function "sponging", while others call it "pre-filling", others don't know what the heck to call it. I can't seem to find this function in my MS Manual of Style.

I appreciate your help!

Carol Anne
Carol Anne Wall, FLMI, CL
Technical Writer, Minnesota Life Ins. Co. - Individual Business Technology
St. Paul, MN USA
mmpc0014 -at- pclink -dot- com

Develop HTML-Based Help with Macromedia Dreamweaver 4 ($100 STC Discount)
**WEST COAST LOCATIONS** San Jose (Mar 1-2), San Francisco (Apr 16-17)
http://www.weisner.com/training/dreamweaver_help.htm or 800-646-9989.

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001 Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area.
http://www.pdfconference.com or toll-free 877/278-2131.
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: RE: TOC to Text
Next by Author: Thanks! (Was "What is This Function Called?")
Previous by Thread: Re: Bad Fit?
Next by Thread: RE: What is This Function Called?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads