Re: What is This Function Called?

Subject: Re: What is This Function Called?
From: Linda Sherman <linsherm -at- gte -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 05:48:33 -0500

"Carol Anne T. Wall" wrote:
> I need to know the technical name for the function that completes a field
> when you just enter a few characters. Example: If I'm entering the word
> "benefits" in a field, I start typing b-e-n-e and the field is filled by
> "benefits".
> I've heard some at my company call this function "sponging", while others
> call it "pre-filling", others don't know what the heck to call it. I can't
> seem to find this function in my MS Manual of Style.

I call it a pain in the neck, but I don't think that's the answer you're
looking for.

I don't know if there's ever been a standard generic term. Microsoft
uses "Autocomplete". Quicken uses "QuickFill".

Linda K Sherman <linsherm -at- gte -dot- net>

Develop HTML-Based Help with Macromedia Dreamweaver 4 ($100 STC Discount)
**WEST COAST LOCATIONS** San Jose (Mar 1-2), San Francisco (Apr 16-17) or 800-646-9989.

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001
Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area. or toll-free 877/278-2131.

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: Creating watermarks in PageMaker
Next by Author: Re: What is This Function Called?
Previous by Thread: Re: What is This Function Called?
Next by Thread: Re: What is This Function Called?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads