How to Write RFPs/RFQs?

Subject: How to Write RFPs/RFQs?
From: "Habegger, Nolan" <nolan -dot- habegger -at- dyonyx -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 15:18:51 -0600

One of our clients has asked our company to do the following:

1. Assess their current IT infrastructure.
2. Make recommendations for strategic planning.

Then they will take that information and go into a closed room and decide
what their strategic plan is REALLY going to be. When they come out, they
will ask us to:

3. Write a Request for Quote (RFQ) to submit to vendors for the fulfillment
of their strategic plan.

The step between 2 and 3 we have no control over. So what controls can we

set in place to ensure that what we feed in the front end of the elephant
comes out the back end smelling like roses?

Also, any resources you know of that will help us write EXCELLENT RFP/RFQs
would be appreciated. This is our first and we want to do well.

Nolan Habegger
Communications Manager
DYONYX

office: 713.830.5900 x:207
cell: 832.443.6583
email: nolan -dot- habegger -at- dyonyx -dot- com