Re: Electronic signatures in Word

Subject: Re: Electronic signatures in Word
From: Scott Turner <sturner -at- airmail -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 10:24:54 -0600

I wonder if any of you could help.

Is there any way of doing electronic signatures in Word? I have a document
template that I'm creating, and there is a 'sign-off' table on the cover
page for Authoriser, Approver, Author etc. My manager has requested that
only duly authorised people be able to type in these fields. I've had a
look through Word Help and my usual sources, but there doesn't seem to be
anything about this.

Not without a third-party program.

Adobe Acrobat will allow you to do this. It require the full version of Acrobat to create the forms and the signatures. Those using it will need Acrobat Business Tools (a reduced version of Acrobat, but expanded from Reader).

Scott