ADMIN: RE: Development/Documentation

Subject: ADMIN: RE: Development/Documentation
From: Eric Ray <ericjray -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 14:54:54 -0800 (PST)

It was posted today:

http://www.techcomm-online.org/issues/v47n4/pdf/0426.pdf
> This should let you
> bypass the registration process.

All,
First, it's simply wrong to attempt to help others
evade or circumvent access controls on copyrighted
material. Morally and ethically, there is no
difference between what was attempted (unsuccessfully)
and posting links to download cracked versions
of Frame from warez sites. Regardless of how you
feel about STC or its policies, it's wrong.

Second, this posting clearly violates the TECHWR-L
Terms of Service, which state:
> You agree that you will not use the TECHWR-L e-mail
> list to:
> (a) transmit any Postings that infringe any
> copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or any
> other proprietary rights of any non- consenting
third
> party;

This policy is in place for the protection of the
Violating this policy jeopardizes this resource for
everyone.

We have not yet determined specifically how we will
address this issue. That said, let there be no doubt
that actions of this nature will not be tolerated
on TECHWR-L. We will not be a party--actively or
passively--to illegal or unethical activities of
any sort.

The Terms of Service were sent to all subscribers
directly and may be found at:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/policy.html

Direct any comments to me personally--not to the
list.

Eric
ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com

http://auctions.yahoo.com/