Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 16:23:01 -0800

I have a gorgeous home office with all the toys. There are no kids at home. Still, the dog wants to be walked (a favorite thing of mine as well), and the dishes need to be done, the flower beds weeded, and the beds made. When I'm at work, it's a moot point. It's my work that's calling to me.

Marilynne
At 09:18 AM 2/6/01 -0700, John Fleming wrote:

Working from home does have its disadvantages. For one thing, the
fridge is right there in the next room.

That said, if you are going to work from home, it helps to create
conditions that are conducive to working at home.

One thing you can do is, your home permitting, set aside a place that
is just for work.

For example, if you have a spare room, set it up as an office. Except
to vacuum the carpet on house cleaning day, you only go in there to
work. While you are in there, you are on the job. When you leave
your "office" at 5 P.M., you close the door behind you and forget that
part of your home exists.

Marilynne Smith
Sr. Technical Writer
QUALCOMM