RE: Binding printed doc

Subject: RE: Binding printed doc
From: "McDonald, Guy A." <Guy -dot- A -dot- McDonald -at- usa -dot- conoco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:51:34 -0600

You can argue this one all day. I think I'll use Jared Spool's mainstay
comment about usability and say - "it depends."

Hardcopy format depends on what suits your needs. If you want large training
documents with plenty of whitespace - use 8 1/2" x 11" monsters with tabs
and Mylar strips down the gutter of each page.

If you need a handy dandy reference that lays flat and takes up less desk
real estate - print a small spiral bound book. They fit in briefcases a
whole lot better than the 3-ring version. Of course, as Bryan mentioned,
fluid documents are hard to update in this format short of running another
print job.

Or go 100% paperless if you want to make that mistake. With *that* said ---
don't flame me if you are a paperless shop. It's almost Friday and so far my
week is going well.

Guy A. McDonald
Information Development Manager
Technical Information Architects, Inc.
7880 San Felipe Suite #200
Houston, Texas 77063
<mailto:gmcdonald -at- tiainfo -dot- com>
Direct 713.975.0081
Conoco office 281.293.6422
Fax 713.975.9812
Cell 281.935.0721