RE: Distorted graphics in PDF - but NOT a compression problem

Subject: RE: Distorted graphics in PDF - but NOT a compression problem
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:49:00 -0500

Christine,

I had a similar problem a couple of months ago. Check the transparency of
your gif files. If the background is set to transparent, they will distort
when converted to PDF. If the background is transparent, use a graphics
program such as Paint Shop Pro to reset the background, and re-import into
your file prior to doing the PDF conversion. Huge pain in the neck ( I had
well over 1,000 to do for my last user manual!). Maybe someone else can
offer an additional shortcut.

HTH

Connie Giordano