RE: Distorted graphics in PDF - but NOT a compression problem

Subject: RE: Distorted graphics in PDF - but NOT a compression problem
From: Christine -dot- Anameier -at- seagate -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:59:26 -0600

A quick postscript... I found a shortcut for removing transparency from
GIFs.

With Photoshop you can create an action that will open a GIF file, convert
to RGB mode, duplicate the layer (without transparency), delete the
original layer (which had transparency locked), convert back to indexed
color, save the file, and close the file. In Photoshop 6, you can run a
batch and just tell it which folder to grab the files from.

I had 157 GIFs to convert, so this saved me a little time.

Christine