Help projects - file size question

Subject: Help projects - file size question
From: Joe Campo <jcampo -at- solidworks -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 15:59:45 -0500

Background

We have an existing WinHelp for RoboHelp help project that is approximately
40KB.
Lets say it contains approximately 20 topics.

We want to create a new help project that is HTML-based instead of
WinHelp-based.
This is a new version of help to support a new version of the application.
Lets say this new version of help will contain 60 HTML topics.

Questions
1. If you had 20 topics in WinHelp totaling 40KB, can you then say that if
you have
three times that number of topics in HTML that the total file size in HTML
will be three times 40KB,
the current WinHelp total project size? Or are HTML topics a larger file
size than WinHelp files?

2. If you had a graphic in WinHelp that was 5KB, does that same graphic
retain that 5KB size
in HTML?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I am getting lots of questions from
the developer and
I do not know if the assumptions he makes about the file size in WinHelp
translate into the
same file sizes in HTML help.

Thanks very much again for your help.

Joseph Campo