Doc Plan

Subject: Doc Plan
From: Paul Kent <pkent -at- Paradigm4 -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 11:16:19 -0800

Aack! I've got a new project that requires two brand spankin new manuals,
and that means I'm going to need a Doc plan. I haven't written a manual
from scratch for more than 5 years; and lo, when I scour my drive for a
documentation plan I find they've all flown the coup.

Can anybody send me a Word doc that I could use to get started? I need to
write an Operations Guide (for internal use) and a User Guide (to be
distributed with the product). Currently, I've got a requirements document
that spells out what the product is going to be and that's it. I remember
Doc Plans were a good way to make sure that the scope and direction of the
documentation are well designed before setting to the documentation task.
Can anybody help get me started?

Thanks
PK