RE: Manual design questions?

Subject: RE: Manual design questions?
From: "David Berg" <dberg -at- dmpnet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:36:56 -0600

> It's rare to mix font sizes within a single text block, and
> because it draws
> attention to the difference, I'd advocate not doing so.

I'd prefer to say that you not mix font heights in a single text block. The
important thing is to know there's a difference. If you have different fonts
in a paragraph, such as I did in a recent manual to distinguish commands the
user will see on the screen, be careful that the x-height and cap-height of
the letters are close to the same height as the font you are using for body
text. Heights can vary from font to font almost as much as clothes sizes at
your friendly neighborhood Wal-Mart.

David Berg