RE: Something new to worry about

Subject: RE: Something new to worry about
From: Marguerite Krupp <mkrupp -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:42:15 -0500

Today's NY Times and Wall St. Journal have more reassuring articles.
(Available online to subscribers, but the NYT subscription is free.)
Remember, this is just a preview of XP. According to both these sources, the
ability to have another user log on to your machine will be under your own
control and will involve both personal firewall software and encrypted
passwords. (Since that's the kind of stuff I work on, I foresee a lot of job
security if this little "feature" goes through!)

Anyway, don't panic yet! Just stay tuned.

Marguerite