RE: Proving an MS standard

Subject: RE: Proving an MS standard
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:48:17 -0500

You could try "The Windows Interface Standard for Software Design" or check
through the MS Press for other such tomes. However, we really are fooling
ourselves, aren't we? Really, I mean, pressing Y or N makes the interface
more usable, yes/no? And, if the powers that be are not going to admit that
improving ease of use is a good thing, I'd save your breath and not waste
your time and the precious programming time needed to add keystrokes to
commonly used GUI objects.

Seriously, smile, nod, talk about the weather, maybe golf, nod about the
really neat freebies your developers got at the latest conference, and
resolve to write the best damned documentation you can, regardless of the
garbage you write about.

Cheers,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com