Process Improvement

Subject: Process Improvement
From: Carmen Gore <CYGore -at- aethersystems -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:54:58 -0500

The Information Products (Documentation) Department at my current company
is in the midst of documenting our current Information Products Development
processes and coming up with new processes where needed. We are a young
department and so many processes still need defining--one of them being how,
in the future, we will maintain/update our Information Products Style Guide.
Does anyone out there currently have a standard methodology or process for
dealing with changes to or request for changes to your Doc Group's Style
Guide? Such as a Style Committee or Style Review Board? If so, I'd like to
hear about it and how this process was implemented. I am looking for a
process that is fair to everyone and recognizes the entire Doc team as
owners of the Style Guide. Thanks.

Carmen

Carmen Gore
Information Products Engineer