RE: Very serious RoboHelp HTML problems ...

Subject: RE: Very serious RoboHelp HTML problems ...
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 13:30:36 -0800

dawn -dot- r -dot- hochberg -at- us -dot- arthurandersen -dot- com wrote:

| ARGH! Does any one have any hints for using RoboHelp, 9.1 w/ the
| service patch
| (build 520) to create stable projects? We are experiencing very
| disconcerting
| problems like losing content.
|
| I'm at the point where I think we may need to get different software!

<detailed list of symptoms snipped>

Dawn,

It sounds like you have a faulty installation of RHTML. None of the symptoms
you describe are typical with a good install. I'd suggest you completely
remove RHHTML and re-install it. Be sure to install the software and all
your project files on your local machine; do not try to do this across the
network. If you are running NT or Win2k, you must have Administrator
privileges in order to install the software.

How were your help topics created, btw. You refer to "imported topics."
Imported from what?

Btw, a good source of information about RHHTML is eHelp's 'RoboHelp
Community' web site at http://www.helpcommunity.ehelp.com/robohelp. There
are discussion forums and a searchable knowledge base, which can be
particularly useful on holiday weekends when not too many people are around.

Regards,

David Knopf (mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com)
Knopf Online (http://www.knopf.com)
Tel: 415.550.8367

RoboHelp MVP & Certified RoboHelp Instructor
WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer
Member, JavaHelp 2.0 Expert Group
Member, RoboHelp Community Advisory Board
Co-moderator, HATT & wwp-users