Urgent Help Needed! - Word Doc not opening

Subject: Urgent Help Needed! - Word Doc not opening
From: Tara English-Sweeney <tesweeney -at- novadigm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 08:34:44 -0500

Can anyone help me? I was working on a 100+ page Word document on Friday.
Late in the day, my battery died and my computer shut down (I didn't have
the power cord.)

This morning, I'm trying to open the document and am receiving the following
message:
The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions.
* Check the file permissions for the document or drive.
* Use the File Open dialog box to loace the document.
(C:\....\nameofdoc.doc

I've tried the above, as well as copying and pasting the doc elsewhere,
renaming it, opening it in WordPad. Nothing works. Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Tara