Re: Get a job at a dot.bomb

Subject: Re: Get a job at a dot.bomb
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:45:16 -0800 (PST)

Speaking only for myself, I want to thank both Andrew and Bruce for a very
interesting discussion of the marketplace these days. Though I'm in the Midwest
and working as a full time employee, I do like to keep track of what's going on
because you never know when you'll need to know what's going on.

Here in Central Ohio, we don't have dot.coms, per se, though a lot of technical
writing for web sites is going on, as is online help, paper documentation, and
all the other activities that make up technical communication. So I don't see
some of the specific market things that happen out West. My phone and email
continue to bring me queries about my availability for work, though. As Andrew
points out in his earlier message, they make it clear they're interested in me
because of my various experiences. It has been over a year since anyone
contacted me to see if I could recommend a body, any body (i.e. an entry-level
position).

FWIW,

=====
Tom Murrell