RE: Youth vs. Creativity (was transition from contract to full-ti me)

Subject: RE: Youth vs. Creativity (was transition from contract to full-ti me)
From: "Davis, Michele" <MDavis -at- tricord -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:12:40 -0600

Thank you Leslie for beating the crap out of this misconstrued issue.

I think everyone on this list LOVES to jump on some stupid bandwagon, as if
I was making a generalization about youth and creativity. Sure, I do believe
that the older you get the more staid in your ways you get and therefore
aren't as creative. My 59 year old has been in the manufacturing acqusitions
departments of three large firms in 5 years. He knows NOTHING else but
acquisitions, he wouldn't be very creative if there were no acquisition
jobs.

I wasn't making a correlation between youth and creativity. Frankly, what I
was thinking was that I'm young enough to do something stupid to earn money,
like be an exotic dancer, or becoming a lawyer---both require you to give up
your self-respect.

Now can we drop it? It doesn't pertain to tech. writing, and frankly I'm
sick of being taken out of context and "put in my place" by those of you who
feel you need a high horse.

Michele