RE: Quick Question: Need Name for a Symbol

Subject: RE: Quick Question: Need Name for a Symbol
From: "Mark Kofler" <Mark -dot- Kofler -at- oz -dot- quest -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 15:16:55 +1100

Don't qoute me on this but I think it is called the international symbol
negation, or something very similar.
Wish I could be more specific, but might point you in the right direction.

Hi all,

Just a quick question on how to refer to an icon used in a software
application. In this application, each company name is preceded by an icon
that indicates its status in the corporate hierarchy (e.g. parent company,
subsidary company). To indicate that there is a problem or error with the
data entered for a company, the icon changes--a red circle with a diagonal
slash is superimposed over the regular icon. The red circle with a slash
is what you commonly see in signage that indicates "No something"--for
example, a No Smoking sign. Is there a name for the red circle/slash icon?

Debra Graham

Develop HTML-Based Help with Macromedia Dreamweaver 4 ($100 STC Discount)
**WEST COAST LOCATIONS** San Jose (Mar 1-2), San Francisco (Apr 16-17) or 800-646-9989.

Sponsored by ForeFront, Inc., maker of ForeHelp Help authoring tools
for print, WinHelp, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and cross-platform InterHelp
See for more information and free evaluation downloads

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: Re: .WMF or .EMF graphics
Next by Author: FW: Long Documents in Word - Why Master Documents corrupt
Previous by Thread: TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements
Next by Thread: Value of Certification

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads