RE: Dreamweaver to create HTML Help?

Subject: RE: Dreamweaver to create HTML Help?
From: jgarison -at- ide -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 16:12:13 -0500

We are using it, and so far, it seems like a fine alternative to HATTs.

There is a new sub-culture evolving around this idea. Ben Weisner is a
leading light. For more information, check out

http://www.helpweavers.com

And ... Browser-independent does NOT mean that you can't use CSS. Our
product is a browser-based application, and requires up-to-date browsers,
all of which support CSS, Java, and JavaScript.

We don't feel like we're giving up much by abandoning HTMLHelp which is NOT
an option for us as not all our users are on PCs or use IE. We use a search
engine instead of an index. It's much more web-like which is what our users
are accustomed to.

We'll let you know how it pans out ... Come see the bleeding edge session
I'll be giving at the STC Annual Conference in Chicago and see if we made
it!

John

John Garison
Documentation Manager