Re: FWD: Time estimates and getting credit

Subject: Re: FWD: Time estimates and getting credit
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 07:22:04 -0500

My thought is that your manager is following the rules of corporate
etiquette to a T and did nothing wrong. It is excellent practice to
spread the credit for good work downward to the person who did it
without skipping any intervening layers of management. It is to your
team lead's credit to have assigned the work to you and trusted you to
do it (even if this is a hypothetical action, exercised only by failing
to stop you from doing it).

You should be glad to be working for a manager who is so attuned to the
nuances of corporate memo writing.

anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com wrote:

> I have a really good relationship with my manager to the level that if I
> asked her to change it, I think she would, but I don't want to be giving
> her that I am trying to take away from my team lead. The truth of the
> situation is that I did the work.
> Your thoughts?

**WEST COAST LOCATIONS** San Jose (Mar 1-2), San Francisco (Apr 16-17) or 800-646-9989.

See for more information and free evaluation downloads