Re: Ruffled Feathers

Subject: Re: Ruffled Feathers
From: Dan Brinegar <vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 11:11:25 -0700

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001 11:22:35 -0800 (PST), Andrew Plato
<intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

>That is incredibly petty. I would never tolerate this kind of bureaucratic
>nonsense. Just so people can have their little power-plays.
>
>I would just ignore this little tyrant. [....]
>
>Control freaks are like children. If you acknowledge or agree to their
>immature
>behavior they will become more spoiled.

Andrew certainly doesn't need me to chime in with a "Me Too," but I would
like to add the following for the benefit of the original poster--

"Never apologize, Lieutenant; it's a sign of weakness."

The moment you accept or display any guilt or blame in this situation, said
petty bureaucrats
will be on your case till the cows come home...

"Did you know he calls his fiancee *every day* at noon? Right from his *desk*!"

"She spent two hours a week, on average, reading TECHWR-L before logging
off for the night!"

"Did you know he'd been dialed-in to the company server all weekend
uploading docs to his workstation: and then called in sick on Monday?"

I'll leave the further devolution of this thread into off-topic discussions
of modern business culture as an exercise for the reader. ;-D

Regards,
dan'l
(Enjoying Day 8 of his retirement ;-)
Dan Brinegar Information Developer/Research Droid
(Retired)

vr2link -at- vr2link -dot- com CCDB Vr2Link/Mixed Company
http://www.vr2link.com/Mixed_Company/