Re: Capitalization - current trends?

Subject: Re: Capitalization - current trends?
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <susanwg -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 12:18:45 -0800

Interesting to see that the marketing ...
have gone after capitals that way. I dislike title case intensely...
It Makes Everything Sound Like a
Book Title...

Idunno. While I'm opposed to gratuitous capitalization
in general, there are some things that are meant to sound
like book titles -- including book titles! ;-)
When I see downstyled titles used in text, it makes me
stumble.

I was comfortable in the days when dialog box titles and
field labels were all in title case. Made the text stand
out without having to do anything other than reproduce
the name. And I don't think that the change has improved
readability or made any positive change at all in user
interface design. <sigh>

-Sue Gallagher
susanwg -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com