Re: Writing tools: Quark, FrameMaker and others

Subject: Re: Writing tools: Quark, FrameMaker and others
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 09:47:26 -0800 (PST)

> So your real choices are FrameMaker and Ventura. Of
> the two, Ventura has
> more features, a much, much better user interface,
> and a powerful user
> support group (news:// cnews.corel.ca/
> corel.graphic_apps.ventura8) [note
> addition of spaces; we don't need spam-bots trawling
> the user group].

I guess all this depends on who you ask. FM is
extremely powerful as well (add SGML and I think it
gives Ventura a run for its money), has a growing
number of Help authoring tools catering to it, has a
good interface, and has a great support group
(frameusers.com).

If you're looking to choose between the two, grab some
marketing hype and start digging through it to find
the useful information. Also look into evaluation
copies. All you'll get by asking list members is
slightly biased opinions at best.

=====
Bill Swallow
Information Design & Development Professional
bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com - www.geocities.com/bill_swallow
Editor, InFrame Magazine <www.inframe-mag.com>
WebWorks Wizard

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/