RE: Managing the multitudes

Subject: RE: Managing the multitudes
From: Pat Anderson <panders -at- aw -dot- sgi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 17:04:00 -0500

>So far (after the first day), responses are few,
>suggesting that most of you don't organize your
>various bits of information for orderly retrieval?
>Or that most of you don't GET info except what you
>explicitly go out, hunt down, and kill for yourselves,
>so it doesn't *need* organizing?
>Otherwise, the suggestions are paper-based (enhanced
>by flag-stickies and margin notes) or SQL-based
>(PHP for client... which made me think of Python...).
>How about the rest of you? Don't be shy!

Sounds like what is required is a System of Immense Complexity. (i think that's how Pooh would view it)

I was doing some research into knowledge management systems in the fall, and if you do a search on knowledge management on Google, you may find something that is suitable.
There are whole companies who do nothing but set up such systems to store, organize, and retrieve data...

Good luck, and let us know what you find. You may be able to do it in a lotus notes database (something that I don't know anything about)... more info at

Pat Anderson,
Documentation Manager, Design Products
tel: (416) 874-8375
email: panders -at- aw -dot- sgi -dot- com

**New Dates!!** San Francisco (Apr 16-17), San Jose (Mar 29-30) or 800-646-9989.