RE: Small HTML help???

Subject: RE: Small HTML help???
From: "Scott Browne" <sbrowne -at- directlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 15:48:51 -0600

In addition to the WML and WAP comments that others have made, you might
also consider Java 2 Micro Edition (J2ME). While I don't think any phones
support this at this moment, Motorola has announced that they already have
and will be releasing a J2ME capable phone shortly (within the next couple
of months?) and I believe there are some PDA's (Blackberry) that already
work with it.

The advantage it seems to have is that since there are already thousands
of Java developers out there, it's not hard to find someone who can do it
(like it is with WAP and WML). Also, being Java, it is write once, run
anywhere, so it would be good for phones, PDA's, and any other platform.
It also has the abilities of doing more whizbang stuff.

If you need help that would work on legacy phones, this wouldn't be for
you. But if you're looking into newer technology, this might offer some
expanded capabilities.

Scott