Re: document comparison software

Subject: Re: document comparison software
From: Sandy Harris <sandy -at- storm -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 08:56:21 -0500

Joanne Case wrote:
> I am interested in document comparison software that can scan two
> documents and point out the differences between them. I've searched the
> STC website and found nothing. Any suggestions on where to look or who
> to contact?

A Unix utility called diff does that, for text files. Absolutely standard,
part of Unix for over 20 years. Included in every Linux distribution, or
FreeBSD, NetBSD or OpenBSD.

If you're stuck with Windows, get Unix tools from;

**New Dates!!** San Francisco (Apr 16-17), San Jose (Mar 29-30) or 800-646-9989.